by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Delves Into Question Of Whether Or Not You Can Trademark 'Disparaging' Terms
- LA Chargers Already Face Trademark Opposition To Their Name Over The Term 'L.A.'
- UK Company Sues Disney Over Its Use Of The Same Public Domain Book Title
- Single Choke Point Problems: Apple Removes NY Times App From Chinese App Store After Chinese Gov't Complains
- Victims Of Car Crash Sue Apple For Not Preventing Distracted Driver From Hitting Their Vehicle