by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast
- 'Thru Dropbox' Trademark Registrant's 'Bad Faith' Litigation Results In $2 Million Fee Award To Dropbox
- China Busily Approving 'Trump' Trademarks With Stunning Speed
- UK Intellectual Property Office Refuses Beer Brewery's Request To Block Trademark Application For Whisky
- Apple Says Nebraska Will Become A 'Mecca For Hackers' If Right To Repair Bill Passes