by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Competition In The Music Space Is Great: Fragmentation In The Music Space Is Dangerous
- Sanity: Trademark Suit Rules That Florida Pizza Joints Don't Compete With The NJ Turnpike
- Blu Cigarettes Sues Blu Ale House Over Blu Logo
- Let's Do Business: How Lifting The Embargo Has Opened The Door For Cuban Trademark Suits
- Apple's Attempt At A TV Revolution Runs Face First Into Comcast Corporation