by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 24th 2010 2:26pm
A few years back, we noted Apple's trademark overreach in trying to stop any electronic device with "pod" as part of its name. This is, of course, silly. However, most companies have ended up backing down. One is still fighting. Sector Labs, which is making a video projector called the Video Pod, is apparently ready and willing to go to court and fight Apple on this. As we pointed out back when Apple started going pod-crazy, it's worth remembering that it was Apple's lawyers who brought back the now popular moron in a hurry test in its trademark lawsuit against the Beatles' Apple Corp. They might find themselves on the other end of that test fairly soon.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Macy's Trying To Keep Others From Using The Brands It Bought And Then Abandoned
- President Obama Complains To China About Demanding Backdoors To Encryption... As His Administration Demands The Same Thing
- Gay Party Company Goes After Another Gay Party Organizer Over Generic 'Gay Days' Trademark
- Under Armour Files Trademark Suit Against Ass Armor
- 532,900,000 Reasons Why We Need Patent Reform Now