by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 7:19am
We've been covering the recent legal threats against TripAdvisor over "bad reviews" of hotels, which some hotels greatly dislike. However, it seems that one hotel manager decided to take matters into his own hands, and kicked a vacationing couple out of their hotel room and called the police after accusing them of writing a bad review of the hotel. The police admit they were called, but say the man didn't break any laws. The police supposedly advised the couple what to do to get a refund, and noted that "this is a civil matter." It's unclear from the article at the Blackpool Gazette (the link above) what evidence there was that this couple actually wrote the review, but needless to say the couple was not at all pleased about this. I would imagine that they're probably planning to write an even harsher review now, so it's unclear what good kicking them out did.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Game Developer Tried Threatening Game Reviewer And Posting Fake Steam Reviews To Be Successful; It Didn't Work
- Software Company Shows How Not To Handle Negative Review
- Dental Firm Tries To Dodge Section 230 With Trademark Claims; Runs Headfirst Into Anti-SLAPP Law
- Manhattan Attorney Sues Google Over Three-Word 'Libelous' Review That Isn't A Review Or Libelous
- Game Review Site Says Square Enix Blacklisted Them To Punish Low Review Scores