by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Enigma Software Decides The Best Way To Deal With A Negative Review Is To Sue The Reviewer
- YouTube Wins This Round In Germany In The Stupid Neverending War With GEMA Over Streaming Rates
- DailyDirt: Winning Isn't Everything
- Writer Claims Libel, Copyright Infringement When Screencap Of Her Tweet Is Used In An Online Article
- Missouri Court To Chuck Johnson: WTF Are You Doing In A Missouri Court?!? Go Away