by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Google Hating Mississippi Attorney General Sues Company... With Ammo From EFF
- Yet Another Lawsuit Hopes A Court Will Hold Twitter Responsible For Terrorists' Actions
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Techdirt's First Amendment Fight For Its Life
- Donald Trump Learns Why It's Important Not To 'Open Up' Libel Laws, As Suit Against Him Is Tossed