by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Team Prenda Loses Big Again: Told To Pay Over $650k For Bogus Defamation Lawsuit
- Actor James Woods Gloats Over Death Of Random Twitter Troll He Sued To Unmask [Updated]
- Arrested Backpage Execs Ask Kamala Harris To Drop Bogus Case She Herself Has Admitted She Has No Authority To Bring
- FBI Lifts Gag Order On NSL Issued To Google... Which Doesn't Have Much To Say About It
- Charter Joins AT&T In Using Lawsuits To Try And Slow Down Google Fiber