by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mother Jones Wins Ridiculous SLAPP Suit Filed By Billionaire... Who Still Claims Victory
- DailyDirt: Can't We Just Play Games For Fun?
- Amazon Bans Sale Of Competing Apple TV, Chromecast Devices To 'Avoid Customer Confusion'
- Business With Shady History Sues Former Employee For Calling It Shady
- Judge Tosses Defamation Case Of The Sleepy Yankees Fan