by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Donald Trump Happily Repeating Lie About Google Autocomplete Suppressing Negative Hillary News
- Does The FTC Get To Ignore Section 230 Of The CDA?
- Oracle's 'Gamechanger' Evidence Really Just Evidence Of Oracle Lawyers Failing To Read
- CA Supreme Court Agrees To Review Appeals Court's Bludgeoning Of Section 230 And First Amendment
- EFF Heads To Court To Fight Off Smart Grid Company That Can't Wrap Its Mind Around Section 230 Protections