by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Terminators From The Future Are Already Here..?
- MPAA Argues That Sony Emails Shouldn't Be Used As Evidence In Google Lawsuit
- Donald Trump's Lawsuit Against Univision Is Absolutely Hilarious
- Researcher Headed To Australian Supreme Court In Attempt To Hold Google Responsible For Posts At Ripoff Reports [Updated]
- A Lesson In How Not To Do A Defamation Threat, Courtesy Of Lawyer Casey Cummings