by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 10:06pm
Eric Goldman points us to a new lawsuit filed by a law student against Google over allegedly defamatory blog posts. The student also sues the individual who made the posts, but the inclusion of Google in the lawsuit is the odd part:
As Goldman (who teaches cyberlaw) notes, perhaps this student should take a cyberlaw class, in order to better understand liability and safe harbors, such as Section 230 when it comes to defamation claims.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- In Deal To Get Loretta Lynch Confirmed As Attorney General, Senate Agrees To Undermine Free Speech On The Internet
- Japanese Court Orders Google To Remove Customer Reviews From Its Maps Service -- Globally
- Cable's Top Lobbyist Just Can't Understand Why People Like Google Better
- Is Merely Explaining The Streisand Effect To Someone A 'Threat'?
- ALEC Threatens To Sue Critics That Point Out It Helps Keep Broadband Uncompetitive