by Mike Masnick
Thu, Sep 23rd 2010 4:17pm
Earlier this year, we discussed the absolutely ridiculous lawsuit that Lindsay Lohan filed against E*Trade, because one of its commercials involving babies talking to each other mentioned another baby, named Lindsay, who is referred to as a "milkaholic." There's nothing in that commercial that implies the "Lindsay" in question is Lindsay Lohan. The name itself is quite popular, with approximately 250,000 Lindsays around these days. But, still, Lohan's lawyers claimed that it was a right of publicity violation. And, while we were looking forward to the trial, it appears Lohan has some bigger issues to deal with, and somehow has worked out a "settlement" with E*Trade on the case, with the report being that E*Trade actually paid up some money. If that's true, it would almost certainly be for a tiny amount (less than what it would cost the lawyers if the lawsuit were to move forward). Perhaps she can put that spare change to use by paying for some new lawyers.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Silicon Valley Billionaire Peter Thiel Accused Of Financing Hulk Hogan's Ridiculous Lawsuits Against Gawker
- Surprise: Court Allows Lindsay Lohan's Suit Against Take-Two Interactive To Go Forward
- Author Sues Half The Internet For Defamation, Copyright Infringement, Cyberbullying, Use Of Section 230
- If Lindsay Lohan Deserves Any Money From E*Trade, It's Probably For Making Its Ad So Popular
- Lindsay Lohan Sues E*Trade For $100 Million; Says Baby Was Based On Her