by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Boston Globe Will No Longer Let John Sununu Shill For Telecom Companies Under The Pretense Of Objectivity
- The Cable Industry Is Fighting Tooth And Nail To Prevent Cable Set Top Box Competition
- Comcast Users Now Need To Pay A $30 Premium If They Want To Avoid Usage Caps
- TSA At The Movies: Theater Chain Looks To Bring Security Theater To The Movie Theater
- Hollywood Keeps Breaking Box Office Records... While Still Insisting That The Internet Is Killing Movies