by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Charter Acquires Time Warner Cable, Promises It Will Suck Less Than Blocked Comcast Merger
- UK Government Review Says Use Prizes, Not Patents, To Produce Much-Needed New Antibiotics
- Cable Execs Refuse To Offer Better TV Bundle Options Because Consumers Already Enjoy All The 'Value' They Can Handle
- Cable Industry Tries To Distance Itself From Decades Of Poor Service By Eliminating The Word 'Cable'
- Verizon Picks The Worst Possible Person To Try To Bullshit Into Unnecessary Upgrade