by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Over 800 Startups Tell FCC's Ajit Pai Not To Kill Net Neutrality
- FCC Boss Unveils Ingenious Plan To Replace Net Neutrality Rules With Fluff & Nonsense
- Cord Cutting Is Very Real, And 25% Of Americans Won't Subscribe To Traditional Cable By Next Year
- Don't Wait For Google, Netflix Or Facebook's Help If You Want To Save Net Neutrality
- FCC Kills Charter Merger Condition That Would Have Forced ISPs To Compete