by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Google Fiber Hasn't Hit A 'Snag,' It's Just Evolving
- FTC Sues 1-800 Contacts For Restricting Competitors From Using Competitive Keyword Advertising
- Appeals Court Strikes Down FCC Attempt To Eliminate Protectionist State Broadband Laws
- Netflix Tries To Blame Press Coverage Of Its Price Hikes For Lower Than Expected Subscriber Additions
- Pablo Escobar's Brother Demands One Billion Dollars From Netflix Over Narcos