by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix May Not Be Worried About The Looming Death Of Net Neutrality, But Startups Should Be God-Damned Terrified
- Outgoing FCC Boss Warns New FCC About The Perils Of Killing Net Neutrality
- Utterly Tone Deaf To Cord Cutting, Cable Contract Feuds And Blackouts Skyrocket
- Google's Larry Page Got Bored Of Disrupting The Telecom Sector With Google Fiber
- Charter's Mega Merger Results In Higher Prices, Slower Speeds, And Worse Customer Support Than Ever