by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ted Cruz Pushing Bill Protecting Large ISPs From Competition
- EU Regulators Can Barely Contain Their Desire To Attack Google And Facebook, Believing It Will Help Local Competitors
- The Cable Industry Threatens To Sue If FCC Tries To Bring Competition To Cable Set Top Boxes
- FCC To Ban Charter Communications From Imposing Usage Caps If It Wants Merger Approval
- Netflix CEO Says Annoyed VPN Users Are 'Inconsequential'