by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Growing Chorus Is Trying To Rewrite The History Of Net Neutrality -- And Blame Absolutely Everything On Netflix
- Bad Copyright Laws Scaring Off Necessary Investment In New Digital Platforms
- Accidentally Revealed FTC Document Details Some Questionable Google Practices, But Not The Ones Most People Focused On
- Despite Throwing Money At Congress, Comcast Finds Merger Support Hard To Come By
- AT&T Is Fine With Title II -- When It Protects AT&T From Anti-Competitive Behavior