by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Canada Opens Incumbent Fiber Networks To Competition, Cue The Hysteria
- Toronto Cab Drivers Sue Uber For Interference With Their Super Profitable Business Model
- FCC Approves AT&T's $69 Billion DirecTV Merger, Announces It Late Friday And Hopes Nobody Notices
- Comcast Lobbyist Admits It Helped Create Netflix By Refusing To Compete On Price
- Netflix Now Supports Charter Merger After ISP Promises Not To Screw Up The Internet...For A Measly Three Years