by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 59: Does The Internet Create More 'Winner Take All' Companies?
- The Cable Industry Is Absolutely Terrified Of Set Top Box Competition
- After Aereo's Collapse, Founder Hopes To Disrupt Wireless Broadband Market With 'Starry'
- Netflix Mocks NBC's Obsession With TV Ratings Systems Built For A Bygone Era
- Netflix Applauds T-Mobile's Binge On, Forgets It Opposed Zero Rating Just Last Year