by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA At The Movies: Theater Chain Looks To Bring Security Theater To The Movie Theater
- Hollywood Keeps Breaking Box Office Records... While Still Insisting That The Internet Is Killing Movies
- Split Works Debate Raises Thorny Issues For Music Companies (And For The Rest Of Us)
- Appeals Court Says Netflix Doesn't Violate Privacy By Displaying Viewing History To Anyone Using That Account
- Comcast Lobbyist Admits It Helped Create Netflix By Refusing To Compete On Price