by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Netflix Is No Longer Worried About Net Neutrality Now That It's Massive And Successful
- Charter's Trying To Kill Recent Merger Conditions Banning Usage Caps, Net Neutrality Violations
- Despite Gigabit Hype, Comcast Is Facing Less Broadband Competition Than Ever
- Google Fiber's About-Face Provides Useful Lessons For A Broken Broadband Industry
- Patent Troll Sues Netflix, Soundcloud, Vimeo And More For Allowing Offline Viewing