by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- A Massive Cable Industry Disinformation Effort Just Crushed The FCC's Plan For Cable Box Competition
- 46 California Cities Join Rush To Impose 'Netflix Tax'
- What Cord Cutting? Cable Sector Hiked TV Prices 40% In Last Five Years
- ISP Feebly Tries To Defend Usage Caps By Comparing Them To...Oreos
- Chicago Cubs: With Success Comes Trademark Lawsuit Against Street Vendors