by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Russian Culture Minister Claims Netflix A U.S. Mind Control Effort
- MPAA Boss: Actually Being Good To Consumers Would Be Horrible For Hollywood
- Super Slimey: Comodo Tries To Trademark 'Let's Encrypt' [Updated]
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 78: What's Next For Online Video?
- Tim Wu Joins NY AG's Office In Shaming 'Abysmal' Cable Broadband ISPs