by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- United Arab Emirates Makes Using A VPN A Crime... To Protect The Local Telcos From VoIP Competition
- IP Lawyers Tell Copyright Office To Stop Screwing The Public By Opposing Cable Box Reform
- Amazon, Cable Industry Molest The Definition Of Copyright In Ongoing Scuff Up Over Cable Box Reform
- Netflix Tries To Blame Press Coverage Of Its Price Hikes For Lower Than Expected Subscriber Additions
- Pablo Escobar's Brother Demands One Billion Dollars From Netflix Over Narcos