by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Google Fiber Announces Layoffs & Deployment Pause, Will Likely Pivot To Wireless
- The Reason The Copyright Office Misrepresented Copyright Law To The FCC: Hollywood Told It To
- Netflix CEO Wary That AT&T's Latest Merger Could Hurt Streaming Competitors
- FTC Warns AT&T Court Victory On Throttling Could Screw Consumers For Decades
- Theater Association Boss Reminds Theater Owners, Netflix To Stay In Their Own Lanes