by Mike Masnick
Fri, Sep 17th 2010 3:05pm
Apparently Time Warner Cable can be incredibly petty and vindictive when it wants to be. The company has said that it's not interested in carrying Epix, the premium movie channel, because that channel did a deal with Netflix to help stream some movies to Netflix customers. It's hard to understand how this makes any sense at all. If I'm a Time Warner customer (and thankfully, I'm not), a move like this is just a reason to drop them (and to sign up with Netflix). Why treat your customers so badly, just because you don't like a little competition?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Blistering Hubris, Bald-Faced Lies And Atrocious Customer Service Kill Comcast's Merger Ambitions Dead
- Cable's Top Lobbyist Just Can't Understand Why People Like Google Better
- Comcast Merger Chances Stall As Regulators Realize Comcast Meddled In Hulu Management, Ignored NBC Deal Conditions
- Presidential Hopeful Carly Fiorina Displays Astounding Ignorance In Slamming Net Neutrality
- EU Official Says It's Time To Harm American Internet Companies Via Regulations... Hours Later Antitrust Charges Against Google Announced