by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 15th 2010 2:34pm
theodp writes "Thirty-three years ago, the Choose Your Own Adventure series of kids books was introduced. But that didn't stop the USPTO from granting IBM U.S. Patent No. 7,784,069 for Selecting Divergent Storylines Using Branching Techniques, fancy lawyer-speak for choose-your-own-adventure movies. Nice to see the USPTO recognize purported patent reformer Big Blue for its 'invention' - never mind that there's already an app for that!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ford Pretends To Open Up Its Patents Like Tesla, But Doesn't; Media Falls For It
- FTC Gets $1.2 Billion From Drug Company Over 'Pay For Delay' Patent Scam
- China's New Antitrust Rules Aim To Blunt Foreign Patent Threat
- Supreme Court Sides With Patent Trolls
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants