by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 15th 2010 2:34pm
theodp writes "Thirty-three years ago, the Choose Your Own Adventure series of kids books was introduced. But that didn't stop the USPTO from granting IBM U.S. Patent No. 7,784,069 for Selecting Divergent Storylines Using Branching Techniques, fancy lawyer-speak for choose-your-own-adventure movies. Nice to see the USPTO recognize purported patent reformer Big Blue for its 'invention' - never mind that there's already an app for that!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- MPA Gets Ireland To Crack Open The Site-Blocking Door It Plans To Bust Through
- India Learns The Hard Way That Equating Patents And Innovation Comes At A Price
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Storing Files In Folders
- Movie Studios Considering Tightening Release Windows When They Should Be Eliminating Them