by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 15th 2010 2:34pm
theodp writes "Thirty-three years ago, the Choose Your Own Adventure series of kids books was introduced. But that didn't stop the USPTO from granting IBM U.S. Patent No. 7,784,069 for Selecting Divergent Storylines Using Branching Techniques, fancy lawyer-speak for choose-your-own-adventure movies. Nice to see the USPTO recognize purported patent reformer Big Blue for its 'invention' - never mind that there's already an app for that!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Theater Association Boss Reminds Theater Owners, Netflix To Stay In Their Own Lanes
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics
- FTC Releases Big Report On Patent Trolls, Says The Patent System Needs To Change
- Prominent Pro-Patent Judge Issues Opinion Declaring All Software Patents Bad
- Stupid Design Patent Of The Month: Rectangles On A Screen