by Mike Masnick
Wed, Sep 15th 2010 2:34pm
theodp writes "Thirty-three years ago, the Choose Your Own Adventure series of kids books was introduced. But that didn't stop the USPTO from granting IBM U.S. Patent No. 7,784,069 for Selecting Divergent Storylines Using Branching Techniques, fancy lawyer-speak for choose-your-own-adventure movies. Nice to see the USPTO recognize purported patent reformer Big Blue for its 'invention' - never mind that there's already an app for that!"
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Patent Reform Bill A Good Step, But Still Falls Way Short Of Fixing A Broken System
- USTR Releases Its Annual Special 301 'Naughty' List Of Countries; EFF Responds With 'Special 404' List
- Why Does The US Patent Office Keep Approving Clearly Ridiculous Patents?
- Once Again, John Oliver Covers A Techdirt Topic: This Time, It's Patent Trolls
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 21: How The Patent System Can Be Fixed