by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 31st 2010 11:32am
A few of you sent over this bizarre story of how famed electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors apparently need to pay a $275,000 fine for lacking a "Certificate of Conformity" from the EPA, needed to comply with the Clean air Act. As is noted in the article, it doesn't seem like Tesla should have to get such documentation in the first place, seeing as it doesn't even have a tailpipe, but such is the nature of regulations being a bit behind the technology times.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 74: Why Is Tesla So Successful?
- India's Proposed 'Geospatial Information Regulation Bill' Would Shut Down Most Map-Based Services There
- EU Regulators Can Barely Contain Their Desire To Attack Google And Facebook, Believing It Will Help Local Competitors
- EU Regulators Seem To Think They Can Tell YouTube That Its Business Model Should Be More Like Spotify
- Tesla Fan 'Incivility' Forces Indiana To Back Off Direct Sales Ban... For Now