by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 31st 2010 11:32am
A few of you sent over this bizarre story of how famed electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors apparently need to pay a $275,000 fine for lacking a "Certificate of Conformity" from the EPA, needed to comply with the Clean air Act. As is noted in the article, it doesn't seem like Tesla should have to get such documentation in the first place, seeing as it doesn't even have a tailpipe, but such is the nature of regulations being a bit behind the technology times.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- California Assembly Moves Forward With Idiotic Plan To Make All Bitcoin Startups Apply For A License
- AT&T Fined Yet Again For Shady Behavior, This Time For Milking Low-Income Lifeline Program
- If You Really Think TPP Is About 'Trade' Then Your Analysis Is Already Wrong
- Seattle Honda/Toyota Dealer Decides To Try To Sell Cars Like Tesla Does, Rather Than Trying To Shut Tesla Down
- Elon Musk Clarifies That Tesla's Patents Really Are Free; Investor Absolutely Freaks Out