by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 31st 2010 11:32am
A few of you sent over this bizarre story of how famed electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors apparently need to pay a $275,000 fine for lacking a "Certificate of Conformity" from the EPA, needed to comply with the Clean air Act. As is noted in the article, it doesn't seem like Tesla should have to get such documentation in the first place, seeing as it doesn't even have a tailpipe, but such is the nature of regulations being a bit behind the technology times.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The FCC's Issuing More Fines Than Ever, But Taking Heat For Not Collecting Them
- UK's Snooper's Charter Hands Over Access To User Data To Several Non-Law Enforcement Agencies
- NY Attorney General Shuts Down Daily Fantasy Sports Sites, Because Grandstanding
- Ford Pretends To Open Up Its Patents Like Tesla, But Doesn't; Media Falls For It
- Texas Can't Get Its Innovation Act Together: Fails To Pass Bills To Let Tesla & Uber Provide Service