by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 31st 2010 11:32am
A few of you sent over this bizarre story of how famed electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors apparently need to pay a $275,000 fine for lacking a "Certificate of Conformity" from the EPA, needed to comply with the Clean air Act. As is noted in the article, it doesn't seem like Tesla should have to get such documentation in the first place, seeing as it doesn't even have a tailpipe, but such is the nature of regulations being a bit behind the technology times.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Italy Proposes Astonishingly Sensible Rules To Regulate Government Hacking Using Trojans
- EU MEPs Call Again For 'Robot Rules' To Get Ahead Of The AI Revolution
- Tesla Gave Up Its Patents, But People Are Freaked Out That Faraday Future Put Its Own Into A Separate Company
- Now Italy Wants To Make 'Fake News' Illegal
- Come On Elon! Tesla Stupidly Bans Owners From Using Self-Driving Teslas For Uber