by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 31st 2010 11:32am
A few of you sent over this bizarre story of how famed electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors apparently need to pay a $275,000 fine for lacking a "Certificate of Conformity" from the EPA, needed to comply with the Clean air Act. As is noted in the article, it doesn't seem like Tesla should have to get such documentation in the first place, seeing as it doesn't even have a tailpipe, but such is the nature of regulations being a bit behind the technology times.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Come On Elon! Tesla Stupidly Bans Owners From Using Self-Driving Teslas For Uber
- The New Federal Safety Guidelines For Self-Driving Cars Are Too Vague... And States Are Already Making Them Mandatory
- EFF Exposing The Back-Room Deals That Allow Corporations And Governments To Control The Web
- Hackers Able To Control Tesla S Systems From Twelve Miles Away
- AT&T Fined For Turning A Blind Eye As Drug Dealers Ripped Off Its Customers