by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 23rd 2010 1:48pm
AdamR writes in to let us know that owners of Samsung Blu-ray players have been discovering that the latest firmware update means that movies from Warner Bros. and Universal don't play. Instead, they just lock up thanks to the DRM built into Blu-ray. Isn't that great? Pissing off legitimate customers is always a way to win people over. Of course, you have to wonder if Warner Bros. and Universal are upset with Samsung, but really they should only be upset with themselves for supporting a DRM technique that could block legitimate customers from watching their movies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Come On Elon! Tesla Stupidly Bans Owners From Using Self-Driving Teslas For Uber
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- ...And Here Come The Device-Restricted Music Subscriptions
- Kickstarter-Funded Game Drops DRM-Free Version It Promised, Then Promises It Again After The Backlash
- Samsung SmartThings Platform Latest To Highlight Internet Of Things Security Is A Joke