by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 9th 2010 6:49pm
UK bank NatWest apparently let its legal attack dogs off their leashes a bit prematurely recently, sending a nastygram cease & desist to a website that was merely reviewing different banks for students looking to open up bank accounts. This is the sort of thing that you might think NatWest would appreciate. Instead, it sent the C&D. Of course, once the press started asking questions, it appears that NatWest realized that perhaps it had made a mistake, and withdrew the legal request. Perhaps, in the future, they'll think before sending in the lawyers.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- More Details Uncovered On Bogus Defamation Lawsuits Being Used To Delist Negative Reviews
- Digital Homicide Drops Its Lawsuit Against Steam Users, Says It's Shutting Down Completely
- Digital Homicide Sues Steam Reviewers, Steam Drops It Like It's Hot
- Steam Looks To Suppress Game Reviews From Anyone Who Didn't Buy The Game From Them
- Bogus Defamation Lawsuit With Fake Defendant Results In Negative Reviews Of Dentist Being Taken Down