by Mike Masnick
Mon, Aug 2nd 2010 6:39am
Apparently, the movie studio execs in Hollywood who brought you such classic films as The Wedding Crashers only likes to glorify the idea of crashing parties when it's not their parties. They've evidently convinced politicians representing the state of California that rather than fixing some of the massive problems with the bankrupt state, they should create a special new form of trespassing law to stop party crashers. Essentially, the movie studios are upset that people kept sneaking into their big awards shows and related events, and they don't feel that existing trespassing laws are enough, so they want to throw such party crashers in jail for six months. Nice to know that Hollywood, and the politicians who work for Hollywood, have their priorities straight.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Movie Studios Considering Tightening Release Windows When They Should Be Eliminating Them
- California Police Department Can't Keep It Real; Deploys Fake Press Releases And Fake Affidavits
- California Lawmakers Looking To Make Bad Law Worse By Banning 'False' Political Speech
- Lawyer's Association Asks New California Attorney General To Drop Its Abusive Prosecution Of Backpage
- First Amendment Lawyer Apparently Surprised That The First Amendment Covers Everyone