by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 29th 2010 2:12am
Ah, the perils of lawyers confused about the internet. Reader kb alerts us to the news of lawyer Jose Baez, who apparently has received plenty of attention for defending Casey Anthony, a mother who stands accused of killing her 2-year-old child. Apparently, some of the blogs that are reporting on the case pulled some photos from Baez's Facebook profile and Photoshopped them to include in blog posts. Baez's response is to threaten a lawsuit against those bloggers saying it's copyright infringement, while pulling down all of his photos. As kb notes, it appears that this lawyer doesn't seem to understand copyright law, fair use, Facebook's privacy settings or the Streisand Effect in that this effort is only drawing that much more attention to the blog posts he's upset about. Nice work.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Man Who Used Facebook Live To Stream Birth Of Child Loses Bid To Sue All The News For Copyright Infringement
- Court: Unsupported Assertions And Broad Language Aren't Enough To Support Cell Phone Searches
- Dangerous: Judge Says It Was 'Objectively Unreasonable' For Cox To Claim DMCA Safe Harbors
- Apple Wants To Stop You Fixing Your iPhone And iPad: Source Says It Will Testify Against 'Right To Repair' Legislation
- Scottish Sheriff Awards Couple Compensation For 'Distress' Caused By Neighbor's Use Of CCTV