by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 29th 2010 2:12am
Ah, the perils of lawyers confused about the internet. Reader kb alerts us to the news of lawyer Jose Baez, who apparently has received plenty of attention for defending Casey Anthony, a mother who stands accused of killing her 2-year-old child. Apparently, some of the blogs that are reporting on the case pulled some photos from Baez's Facebook profile and Photoshopped them to include in blog posts. Baez's response is to threaten a lawsuit against those bloggers saying it's copyright infringement, while pulling down all of his photos. As kb notes, it appears that this lawyer doesn't seem to understand copyright law, fair use, Facebook's privacy settings or the Streisand Effect in that this effort is only drawing that much more attention to the blog posts he's upset about. Nice work.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Man Arrested For Parodying Police Department's Facebook Page Sues City, PD Over Rights Violations
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts
- Austrian Teenager Sues Parents For Posting Pictures From Her Childhood To Facebook