by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jul 22nd 2010 7:24pm
theodp writes "The CEO of Xpitax has been awarded U.S. Patent No. 7,756,761 for Tax return outsourcing and systems for protecting data, which covers 'systems, methods, and various tools that facilitate the outsourcing of [U.S.] tax return preparation services to a servicing group outside of the country.' There is a need, explains the patent, 'to outsource tax return preparation services to India, to thereby reduce the per-return labor cost experienced by the accounting firm.' The patent proposes 'using PC anywhere or Citrix' to help scratch that itch.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- UK Government Review Says Use Prizes, Not Patents, To Produce Much-Needed New Antibiotics
- Here's A Serious Alternative To Big Pharma: Cuba
- California Supreme Court Shows How Pharma 'Pay For Delay' Can Violate Antitrust Laws