by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 21st 2010 2:20pm
Shirshendu Mandal was the first of a few of you to pass along this story of a superstar Indian cricket player, Sachin Tendulkar, who has written a book. And, in figuring out how to sell the book, he's doing an... odd sort of "tiering" option. You see there will be a special edition of the book, which costs merely $75,000... and for that price one of the pages will be made, in part, from his blood. And here's the thing: apparently ten people have already signed up for it. As we've noted when talking about various business models that content creators can use, often it really depends on the person themselves, and the relationship they have with their fans. In this case, it seems pretty clear that this is a rather... unique offering, that works for this guy's fans.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Gene Kelly's Widow Claims Copyright In Interviews Done By Gene Kelly, Sues Over Academic Book
- DailyDirt: What Kind Of Blood Do You Have?
- Techdirt Reading List: Free Books From Verso (Mostly)
- Techdirt Reading List: Make It So: Interaction Design Lessons From Science Fiction
- The Stagnation Of eBooks Due To Closed Platforms And DRM