by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 14th 2010 12:23am
alex was the first of a few of you to send over the story of how author Marta Acosta posted her "young adult vampire novel" online for free at Scribd, where it became a top download with tons of great reviews... and that helped her get a book deal with Tor, who will be publishing the book in hardcover shortly. Once again, another example of how "obscurity" is a bigger problem than "piracy" for most content creators.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Spotify (Basically) Tells Its Free Users, 'Go Pirate!'
- Hulu Ditches 'Free' Model Without Giving It A Chance To Succeed
- Photographer Learns To Embrace The Public Domain... And Is Better Off For It
- Tor Devs Say They've Learned Lessons From Carnegie Mellon Attack, But Worries Remain That They're Outgunned And Outmanned
- High School Principal Cancels Entire Reading Program To Stop Students From Reading Cory Doctorow's 'Little Brother'