by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jul 14th 2010 12:23am
alex was the first of a few of you to send over the story of how author Marta Acosta posted her "young adult vampire novel" online for free at Scribd, where it became a top download with tons of great reviews... and that helped her get a book deal with Tor, who will be publishing the book in hardcover shortly. Once again, another example of how "obscurity" is a bigger problem than "piracy" for most content creators.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kickstarter Still Setting Records Despite Everyone Wanting Everything For Free
- Facebook Going After Designbook Because All The Books Are Belong To Them
- Ford Pretends To Open Up Its Patents Like Tesla, But Doesn't; Media Falls For It
- High School Principal Cancels Entire Reading Program To Stop Students From Reading Cory Doctorow's 'Little Brother'
- Hachette Tells Authors And Tor To Use DRM Because It Is Awesome Or Something