by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 9th 2010 2:07pm
A tip for you would be murderers out there: if you kill someone, it's probably not going to help you stay out of jail if you then brag about it on Facebook. In this case, a teenager in France posted about the murder he had committed, and then told his sister that he did so to brag about it (not out of any kind of remorse). His sister then turned him in.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Here Comes The Attempt To Reframe Silicon Valley As Modern Robber Barons
- Actual Lawyer Thinks That Criminalizing Showing Murder On Facebook Will Prevent Murders On Facebook
- Moral Panics: Don't Blame Facebook Because Some Guy Posted His Murder Video There
- Don't Wait For Google, Netflix Or Facebook's Help If You Want To Save Net Neutrality
- Amazon Refuses To Comply With Police Request For Amazon Echo Recordings In Murder Case