by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 18th 2010 11:36am
Many people who don't follow these issues closely have long assumed that The Pirate Party and The Pirate Bay were somehow connected. That's never been true, even if the people involved in each were philosophically aligned on certain issues (but not on all issues...). Either way, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that, following the injunction against The Pirate Bay's bandwidth provider, that The Pirate Party has agreed to become the new host for The Pirate Bay. It's unclear exactly what this means, as The Pirate Party must be getting its bandwidth from another provider, who, one would imagine, is also soon to be a target for an injunction. Still, it seems like the Pirate Party is basically begging for a lawsuit to challenge these types of fourth party injunctions...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Verizon Picks The Worst Possible Person To Try To Bullshit Into Unnecessary Upgrade
- Hosting Companies Threaten To Leave France Over (Yet Another) Surveillance Law. But Where Could They Go?
- Anonymous Targeting CloudFlare Seems To Go Against Anonymous' History
- Entertainment Industry Demands Swedish ISP Block The Pirate Bay; ISP Says No
- Senator Whitehouse Is Very Angry About A Made Up Google Search And A Made Up Pirate Bay