by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 18th 2010 11:36am
Many people who don't follow these issues closely have long assumed that The Pirate Party and The Pirate Bay were somehow connected. That's never been true, even if the people involved in each were philosophically aligned on certain issues (but not on all issues...). Either way, it's a bit of a surprise to find out that, following the injunction against The Pirate Bay's bandwidth provider, that The Pirate Party has agreed to become the new host for The Pirate Bay. It's unclear exactly what this means, as The Pirate Party must be getting its bandwidth from another provider, who, one would imagine, is also soon to be a target for an injunction. Still, it seems like the Pirate Party is basically begging for a lawsuit to challenge these types of fourth party injunctions...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Entertainment Industry Demands Swedish ISP Block The Pirate Bay; ISP Says No
- EasyDNS Sued For Refusing To Take Down Website Without Court Order; Then Hit Again For Writing About The Lawsuit
- Moronic Swedish Collections Group Argues That A Car Stereo In A Rental Vehicle Is A Public Performance
- Senator Whitehouse Is Very Angry About A Made Up Google Search And A Made Up Pirate Bay
- What Comes After The Pirate Bay Is A Lot More Important Than Whether It's Up Or Down