by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 26th 2010 8:35am
A few weeks ago, we wrote about Lindsay Lohan's bizarre lawsuit against E*Trade over a commercial with a talking baby named Lindsay that Lohan insisted was actually supposed to be her... mainly due to a reference to her being a "milkaholic." This resulted in a series of interesting points -- including the fact that many, many, many people who saw the commercial made absolutely no association with Lohan at all, especially given that Lindsay is a decently popular name. But, many people also wondered if this was really some bizarre marketing scheme for both E*Trade and Lohan -- and if that's true, then it worked. m3mnoch points out that the commercial in question shot to the top of the "most viewed online commercial" list. I doubt that E*Trade will owe any money to Lohan for the lawsuit, but perhaps it should pay up for the "ad placement."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Game Critic Keeps YouTube Vids Ad-Free By Creating ContentID Feeding Frenzy
- NBC Smells Cord Cutting On The Wind, Will Reduce 'SNL' Ad Load By 30% Next Season
- UC Davis 'Apologizes' For The Reputation Management Industry's Hyperbole And Your Misunderstanding
- E*Trade Settles Lindsay Lohan's Milkaholic Lawsuit
- Lindsay Lohan Sues E*Trade For $100 Million; Says Baby Was Based On Her