by Mike Masnick
Mon, Mar 8th 2010 6:12am
Sometimes you have to wonder if folks like Ubisoft, who keep insisting that it needs to use DRM, are just messing with everyone. As you certainly know, Ubisoft decided to go with some incredibly annoying DRM for some new games, requiring you to be online at all times, even for single-player games. So, what happens? The servers that you must be connected to crashed, making those games completely unplayable for many, while creating lengthy login delays for others. That basically makes the game useless for many. Well, unless you downloaded the cracked version. Once again, DRM is shown to harm buyers, but do nothing to stop unauthorized use.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Denuvo Spins Doom Dropping Its DRM Into A Victory Dance
- Like Flies: Doom The Latest Game To Remove Denuvo Via Patch
- Game Developer Updates Game To Remove Denuvo DRM As Fans Cheer
- Far Cry 4 Publishers Messing With Pirates By Getting Them To Admit They Are Pirates
- Fans Mad At Ubisoft For Nixing Female Characters In 2 Games; Ubisoft Mumbles Something About Cost