by Mike Masnick
Fri, Mar 5th 2010 7:03am
With all of the recent lawsuits claiming that Google unfairly promotes its own sites and the sites of its partners in search rankings, it's interesting to see that the company has put out an SEO report card that is quite critical of some of its own sites for failing to do some pretty basic search engine optimization practices. While this may be the point that Google is trying to make, it certainly suggests that Google treats its own sites on the same basis as outside sites, contrary to the claims in the lawsuits.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senior Brazilian Court Says 'Right To Be Forgotten' Cannot Be Imposed On Search Engines
- Convicted Felon Ask Google To Delist Multiple Government Websites Because His Name Is Protected By 'Common Law Trademark'
- Woman Sues Google Because SEO Guy Wrote A Mean Blog About Her Company
- Court Says Google Doesn't Have A First Amendment Right To Drop A Site From Its Search Results
- Court Fines French Blogger $3,400 For Her Negative Review Of Local Italian Restaurant, Il Giardino