by Mike Masnick
Tue, Feb 16th 2010 4:41am
Just as the US gets its own special "piracy police" in the Justice Department, it looks like Swedish police have put together something similar, with specific police tasked with investigating unauthorized file trading and copyright infringement, teamed up with some prosecutors to help bring cases. Of course, at worst, these should be civil issues decided between private companies and individuals, and at best, the industry should learn to adapt already, as plenty of participants have.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Inside Another Internet Troll Factory: This Time In Sweden, But With Russian Connections
- California Law Enforcement Union Sues To Block Police Accountability
- Tiffany & Co., Defenders Of Intellectual Property, Sued For Copyright Infringement
- Google Report: 99.95 Percent Of DMCA Takedown Notices Are Bot-Generated Bullshit Buckshot
- Why The DMCA's Notice & Takedown Already Has First Amendment Problems... And RIAA/MPAA Want To Make That Worse