by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Music Collection Society PRS Sues SoundCloud
- UK Orders Google To 'Forget' News Articles Discussing Previous Right To Be Forgotten Requests
- PRS To Increase Members' Fees To Fund Legal Expedition Against TV Station
- Another Journalist Claims UK Law Enforcement Violated Anti-Terrorism Laws By Putting Him Under Surveillance
- Judge Insists His Own Lost Luggage Is A 'Key' Issue In Massive Lawsuit He's Overseeing Against British Airways