by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UN Appoints Special Expert To Report On Online Privacy; Surprisingly, US And UK Don't Object
- UK Positioning Itself As Bitcoin's Best Friend
- UK Police Can't Confirm Or Deny Investigation Of Journalists It Publicly Confirmed In 2013
- UK Government Admits Intelligence Services Allowed To Break Into Any System, Anywhere, For Any Reason
- UK ISPs Now Filtering Websites That Simply List BitTorrent Proxy Websites, But Don't Host Any Infringing Content Whatsoever