by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Government Goes Full Orwell: Snooper's Charter, Encryption Backdoors, Free Speech Suppression
- New Whistleblower Claims UK's Nuclear Submarine Fleet A 'Disaster Waiting To Happen'
- Tired Of Losing Legal Challenges To Its Surveillance, UK Government Secretly Changes Law So It Can Win
- UK Government Review Says Use Prizes, Not Patents, To Produce Much-Needed New Antibiotics
- UK Plans To Do Away With Free Speech... In The Name Of Free Speech