by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Who Gets To Trademark Iceland?
- Parliament Passes Snooper's Charter, Opens Up Citizens To Whole New Levels Of Domestic Surviellance
- UK Home Secretary Agrees To Turn Over Accused Hacker Lauri Love To US Government
- UK Tribunal Says Spy Agencies Illegally Collected Communications Data In Bulk For More Than A Decade
- 'When Is A Chair Just A Chair?' And Other Annoying Copyright Questions