by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Whistleblower Says UK Police Worked With Hackers To Access Activists' Email Accounts
- Homeland Security Starts Banning Laptops & Tablets On Planes From The Middle East
- UK Court Grants First Live Blocking Order To Stop New Infringing Streams As Soon As They Start
- Extra Digit Accidentally Typed By Officer Turns UK Man Into A Pedophile
- Bad Libel Law Strikes Again: Silly UK Twitter Spat Results In Six Figure Payout