by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Awesome Stuff: Let's Bore The Censors
- UK Health Minister Filibusters Bill To Use Off-Patent Drugs To Provide Effective New Treatments At Low Cost
- UK Home Secretary Says Don't Worry About Collection Of Metadata; FOIA Request Made For Her Metadata
- Snooper's Charter May Not 'Increase' Surveillance... But Tries To Legalize Over A Decade Of Secret, Illegal Mass Surveillance
- UK Releases Snooping Bill, Attempts To Mislead Everyone