by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 28th 2010 4:55am
As if Peter Mandelson's Digital Economy Bill proposal wasn't bad enough, Dave sends in yet another problem with it. While it does include a process for appealing if you are cut off for accusations (not convictions) of unauthorized file distribution or reproduction, you will have to pay up to appeal. So even if you are innocent, it will cost you money to make your case for why you shouldn't have been cut off in the first place.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Ex-Game Maker Atari To Argue To The US PTO That Only It Can Make 'Haunted House' Games
- UK Drug Dogs Finding Way More Sausage And Cheese Than Actual Drugs
- UK Trademark Battle Over The Number 3
- Menace To Tax Dodgers David Cameron Has His Own Tax Dodging Exposed By The Panama Leaks
- UK Police Flagging Uncharged Arrestees As Possible National Security Threats To Keep Their Biometric Data From Being Deleted