by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 22nd 2010 6:37pm
We've seen all sorts of problems with speed cameras -- like the time one clocked a brick wall traveling 58 MPH (watch out!). It seems that they've got a problem with stationary objects. Reader Marshall points us to a story of a guy who parks his car on a road equipped with a speed camera and has received two speeding tickets while his car was parked. Don't you feel safer now?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Traffic Cam Company 'Bagman' Pleads Guilty To Bribing Chicago Transportation Official
- Complete Failure: Chicago's Speed Camera Traps Fail To Bring In The Revenue Mayor Emanuel Counted Upon
- 'Revenue Generating' Traffic Cameras Forcing Governments To Refund Millions Of Dollars
- Secret Audit Of Baltimore's Speed Cams Says Up To 70,000 Tickets Were Issued In Error In 2012 Alone
- Speed Cam Contractor Responds To Challenged Tickets By Cropping Photos, Moving Cameras