by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 22nd 2010 6:37pm
We've seen all sorts of problems with speed cameras -- like the time one clocked a brick wall traveling 58 MPH (watch out!). It seems that they've got a problem with stationary objects. Reader Marshall points us to a story of a guy who parks his car on a road equipped with a speed camera and has received two speeding tickets while his car was parked. Don't you feel safer now?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hackable Speed Cameras Highlight Risk Of Rush Toward IoT-Enabled 'Smart' Cities
- Judge Voids Tons Of Chicago Traffic Camera Tickets Over Due Process Concerns
- Missouri Court Upholds Right Of Citizens To 'Vote' Traffic Enforcement Cameras Out Of 'Office'
- Traffic Cam Company 'Bagman' Pleads Guilty To Bribing Chicago Transportation Official
- Complete Failure: Chicago's Speed Camera Traps Fail To Bring In The Revenue Mayor Emanuel Counted Upon