by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 6th 2010 1:43am
While we're on the subject of airport security, here's a bizarre story. Apparently, law enforcement officials in Slovakia chose to plant explosives on eight travelers without their knowledge, to see how good airport security was in catching them. Turns out security only scored 87.5%, as it caught seven of the eight travelers, but the last one made it through, and then traveled back to Ireland unwittingly with the explosives. On Tuesday Slovakian officials told Irish officials who sent a group of bomb removal experts to the guy's place, where he was arrested, questioned and released. We've seen "security through obscurity," but I'm not quite sure what to call this. Security through stupidity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane
- Good News: Internet Ad Industry Realizes It Needs To Embrace HTTPS
- FBI Quietly Removes Recommendation To Encrypt Your Phone... As FBI Director Warns How Encryption Will Lead To Tears
- DailyDirt: Breaking Bad... Passwords
- Ted Cruz's New Presidential Campaign Donation Website Shares Security Certificate With Nigerian-Prince.com