by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jan 6th 2010 1:43am
While we're on the subject of airport security, here's a bizarre story. Apparently, law enforcement officials in Slovakia chose to plant explosives on eight travelers without their knowledge, to see how good airport security was in catching them. Turns out security only scored 87.5%, as it caught seven of the eight travelers, but the last one made it through, and then traveled back to Ireland unwittingly with the explosives. On Tuesday Slovakian officials told Irish officials who sent a group of bomb removal experts to the guy's place, where he was arrested, questioned and released. We've seen "security through obscurity," but I'm not quite sure what to call this. Security through stupidity?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Samsung SmartThings Platform Latest To Highlight Internet Of Things Security Is A Joke
- Not Funny: How The OFAC Is Outlawing Even The Lamest Attempts At Humor Over Terrorist Fears
- Netflix CEO Says Annoyed VPN Users Are 'Inconsequential'
- New Reports On Terror Attacks Underline Why Crypto Isn't A Serious Problem: It's Hard To Use And Easy To Get Wrong
- Chase Freezes Guy's Bank Account For Paying His Dogwalker For Walking Dash The Dog