by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 21st 2009 11:59am
Kaden writes in to let us know that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is facing some legal threats from The Village People for dressing up like them in a promotion for Oliver's new TV show. Apparently a lawyer representing the band said that they've trademarked their costumes, and if you want to dress up like them for a commercial purpose, you need to pay up. However, Oliver's people are noting that they don't think he violated any trademark, and they doubt that the lawyer member of The Village People (the one in the suit) will actually go through with the lawsuit...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Does Mental Gymnastics To Deem Left Nut Brewing Trademark To Be Non-Offensive
- Barefoot Wine Contests Trademark Of Barefoot Kombucha: Tea Or Wine, Who Can Tell?
- A Weave Is Not A Toy: Toys R Us Opposes Hair Extension Company Trademark
- That Didn't Take Long: MLB Plans Action Against Fallout 4 David Ortiz Mod
- Texas A&M Concerned That Indianapolis Colts' Use Of 12th Man Might Confuse Football Fans