by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 21st 2009 11:59am
Kaden writes in to let us know that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is facing some legal threats from The Village People for dressing up like them in a promotion for Oliver's new TV show. Apparently a lawyer representing the band said that they've trademarked their costumes, and if you want to dress up like them for a commercial purpose, you need to pay up. However, Oliver's people are noting that they don't think he violated any trademark, and they doubt that the lawyer member of The Village People (the one in the suit) will actually go through with the lawsuit...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Moosehead Lager Makers At It Again: Suing Moose Whiz Root Beer For Trademark Infringement
- Little Tree Air Freshener Company Sues Non-Profit For Making Tree Shaped Ornaments
- And Just Like That, The Dumbest Trademark Suit Over Saying 'Thank You' Disappears
- Citigroup Gets First Loss In Trademark Suit Against AT&T For Saying 'Thanks'
- Trademark Office Tosses Phyllis Schlafly's Opposition To Her Nephew's Brewery Name Trademark Application