by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 21st 2009 11:59am
Kaden writes in to let us know that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is facing some legal threats from The Village People for dressing up like them in a promotion for Oliver's new TV show. Apparently a lawyer representing the band said that they've trademarked their costumes, and if you want to dress up like them for a commercial purpose, you need to pay up. However, Oliver's people are noting that they don't think he violated any trademark, and they doubt that the lawyer member of The Village People (the one in the suit) will actually go through with the lawsuit...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- IOC Forces School To Remove Rings From Crest For Some Reason
- BART, The Train Service, Goes After Brewery Over BART, The Beer
- Bell's Brewery Goes After Craft Brewer Over Trademark It Barely Uses & Hasn't Registered
- Court Upholds Decision Against Trademark-Bullying AIDS Denialist, But More Needs To Be Done To Deter Censorious Lawsuits
- In-Bev Gets One Guy Making Charitable Juice Drinks To Change His Brand Name