by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 21st 2009 11:59am
Kaden writes in to let us know that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver is facing some legal threats from The Village People for dressing up like them in a promotion for Oliver's new TV show. Apparently a lawyer representing the band said that they've trademarked their costumes, and if you want to dress up like them for a commercial purpose, you need to pay up. However, Oliver's people are noting that they don't think he violated any trademark, and they doubt that the lawyer member of The Village People (the one in the suit) will actually go through with the lawsuit...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Chicago Cubs: With Success Comes Trademark Lawsuit Against Street Vendors
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Texas Rangers Oppose Bacardi's Logo For Green Tea Spirit Because Of The 'T'
- Boise State Somehow Got A Trademark On Non-Green Athletic Fields
- When ISPs Become Anti-Troll Advocates: Bahnhof Turns The IP Tables On A Copyright Troll