by Mike Masnick
Tue, Dec 22nd 2009 8:38am
Tim K alerts us to the news that phone maker HTC has sent a cease & desist nastygram to the developers of an Android widget that certainly had a similar look and feel to HTC's own Sense UI. Except, many people claim that this newer widget, from LevelUp Studios, was actually better. LevelUp apparently has no interest in fighting this, and are ditching the widget, but it seems that they could have a decent argument here. The bigger question, though, is why HTC is bothering? I'm actually a big HTC fan. My last two mobile phones have both been from HTC, and I had been expecting my next one to be from HTC as well. But this sort of bullying for no good reason makes me wonder why I'd want to support a company like that. Honestly, what was HTC "losing" by letting this widget be created? This seems like bullying just for the sake of bullying.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Green Bubbles: How Apple Quietly Gets iPhone Users To Hate Android Users
- There's Something Fishy With Katy Perry's Left Shark 3D Printing Takedown
- Apple's Insistence On DRM And Other Restrictions Means EFF's New App Is Android-Only
- Taiwan Fines Samsung For Astroturfing
- Judge: Apple / HTC Patent Agreement Must Be Revealed (Except For Dollar Amount)