by Mike Masnick
Fri, Dec 11th 2009 1:31pm
There has been a ton of publicity about the young woman who was jailed and facing felony charges, because she caught snippets of the film New Moon while filming parts of her sister's birthday party. The outrage over this has been loud and widespread -- causing backlash against the movie theater and the movie studio that put out the movie. Even the director of the movie was complaining about the arrest and prosecution. Realizing that this was a bad situation all around, it looks like prosecutors have come to their senses and dropped the charges against the young woman, though we still have the same ridiculous law in place that made this situation possible. Shouldn't we also be looking to change that right about now?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Congressional Rep Who Introduced Anti-Swatting Bill... Victim Of Attempted Swatting
- Hateful Eight Pirated Leak Harms Film All The Way To Box Office Records
- Once Again, Piracy Is Destroying The Movie Industry... To Ever More Records At The Box Office
- Book Publisher Has No Idea How Google Works But Pretty Sure It Could End Piracy If It Tried
- Microsoft Lobbying Group Forces 'Pirate' To Get 200,000 Views On Anti-Piracy Video... Whole Thing Backfires