by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- MPAA Front Group, Pretending To Represent Consumer Interests, Slams CloudFlare For Not Censoring The Internet
- Paris Court Says Search Engines Don't Need To Block Torrent Searches
- DOJ Pushes Out Legislation Proposal To Undercut Microsoft Case Decision About Overseas Searches
- Nintendo Cracking Down On Pokemon Go 'Pirates' Despite The Game Being Free
- Agent's Testimony Shows FBI Not All That Interested In Ensuring The Integrity Of Its Forensic Evidence