by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Gmail Takes A Sledgehammer To The Techdirt Daily Newsletter When Not Even A Scalpel Is Needed
- WIPO Gives EFF Control Over Bogus Domain Used To Distribute Keyloggers And Other Malware
- Techdirt Reading List: Piracy: The Intellectual Property Wars From Gutenberg To Gates
- Guy Sues Google And Bing For Returning Photos Of Him In Search Results
- Microsoft 'Addresses' Windows 10 Privacy Concerns By Simply Not Mentioning Most Of Them