by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Right Way To Stop Piracy
- Microsoft 'Addresses' Windows 10 Privacy Concerns By Simply Not Mentioning Most Of Them
- DRM Still Breaking Games Nearly A Decade After Purchase
- IP Enforcement Czar Wants To Hear From You About Government's IP Enforcement Plan
- Microsoft Retrofitting Windows 7, 8.1 With Windows 10's Privacy-Invading 'Features'