by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Lenovo Accused Of Locking Linux Out Of Certain Laptops At Microsoft's Request
- Yet Another Report Says More Innovation, Rather Than More Enforcement, Reduces Piracy
- How Pirates Shaped The Internet As We Know It
- ACLU Seeks To Unseal Docket In FBI's Tor-Exploiting Takedown Of Freedom Hosting
- DRM: Still Hurting Paying Customers The Most