by Mike Masnick
Thu, Dec 3rd 2009 7:12am
Ok, perhaps the title is a bit of an exaggeration, but it certainly appears to be what a Microsoft exec in the Philippines implied in a recent interview concerning Windows 7. Basically, he said that using unauthorized copies of the OS were really unsafe, so doing things like online banking or other sensitive stuff on such software could put users in serious danger. Of course, that makes you wonder what Microsoft has done to make unauthorized copies of the software so dangerous to use...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The EFF Calls Out Microsoft's Ongoing Bullshit On Windows 10 Privacy Concerns
- Why Are The Congressional Intelligence Committees So Quiet On The NSA Malware Leaks?
- India Criminalizes Merely Visiting A Copyright Infringing 'Blocked' Site
- Australian Law Enforcement Hacked US Users' Computers During Child Porn Investigation
- Paris Court Says Search Engines Don't Need To Block Torrent Searches