A bunch of folks have been sending in versions of this story about new EU cookie rules that will require anyone placing cookies on your computer to first get consent. This is the sort of law that is passed by people who don't understand the technology at all, and misinterpret "cookies" as automatically being malicious. This is the sort of thing that people who were first understanding the web got concerned about a decade ago, until they realized it was nothing to worry about. Except... it appears some people haven't quite figured that out yet, and tragically, they make laws in the EU.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- EU Commission Releases Plans To More Directly Regulate Internet, Pretending It's Not Regulating The Internet
- New Leak Reveals Proposal To Extend Corporate Sovereignty Massively To Include Intra-EU Investments
- European Parliament Orders MEP To Take Down A Video About His Attempt To Visit The 'Reading Room' For Trade Documents
- European Greens Present Draft Law On Protecting Whistleblowers
- Greenpeace Publishes Leaked TTIP Documents... Show How Backroom Deals Are Driven By Lobbyists