A bunch of folks have been sending in versions of this story about new EU cookie rules that will require anyone placing cookies on your computer to first get consent. This is the sort of law that is passed by people who don't understand the technology at all, and misinterpret "cookies" as automatically being malicious. This is the sort of thing that people who were first understanding the web got concerned about a decade ago, until they realized it was nothing to worry about. Except... it appears some people haven't quite figured that out yet, and tragically, they make laws in the EU.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Pirate Party MEP Julia Reda: EU Preparing 'Frontal Attack On The Hyperlink'
- How The EU's Proposed New 'Privacy' Rules Will Be A Tool For Massive Censorship
- EU Parliament Calls On EU Countries To Drop All Charges Against Snowden, Protect Him From Extradition
- The European Union's New Net Neutrality 'Protections' Are A Joke
- Leaked TAFTA/TTIP Chapter Shows EU Breaking Its Promises On The Environment