by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 9th 2009 6:02am
Dementia writes in to point out the rather ironic situation of a "free" concert put on by the band U2, at the remains of the Berlin Wall in order to celebrate the demise of the wall... but MTV decided to put up a big temporary barrier around the event so those who didn't have free tickets could not even see the event. Yes, they erected a special "wall" to block out a free concert about The Wall. As Dementia noted with the submission, "you're doing it wrong..."
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Nintendo Shuts Down Fan Remake Of 25 Year Old Metroid 2 Game Because It Can't Help Itself
- Hulu Ditches 'Free' Model Without Giving It A Chance To Succeed
- Photographer Learns To Embrace The Public Domain... And Is Better Off For It
- Blizzard Allows Release Of Fan-Game It Initially Tried To Shut Down, Reaps Rewards It Should Have Had All Along
- John Oliver's Story On Campaign Music And Copyright Is... Wrong