by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 5th 2009 8:43pm
Lord Mandelson, the UK Business Secretary who has been the leading force behind putting in place the entertainment industry's desired plan to require ISPs to kick accused file sharers off the internet under a "three strikes" plan, apparently is also saying that young people need better technology skills. Along with that, he's supporting a plan to get universities to do more technical skills training. Now, I'm all for more tech skills training in universities, but wouldn't it be nice if Mandelson started by getting some tech skills training himself -- including a basic understanding of why an IP address is not an accurate indicator of who is doing something online? Or, perhaps, an understanding of how BitTorrent actually works and a brief primer on encryption technologies....
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Court Says Lauri Love Can Be Extradited To Face Hacking Charges In The US
- UK's GCHQ Takes A Page From China, Plans To Build A Great British Firewall
- UK Politician's Campaign Staff Tweets Out Picture Of Login And Password To Phones During Campaign Phone Jam
- UK Gov't Report: Facebook, Twitter, And Google Are Pretty Much Unrepentant Terrorist Supporters
- BBC Now Training Its Secret, Likely Imaginary, Fleet Of Detector Vans On Your WiFi