by Mike Masnick
Thu, Nov 5th 2009 8:43pm
Lord Mandelson, the UK Business Secretary who has been the leading force behind putting in place the entertainment industry's desired plan to require ISPs to kick accused file sharers off the internet under a "three strikes" plan, apparently is also saying that young people need better technology skills. Along with that, he's supporting a plan to get universities to do more technical skills training. Now, I'm all for more tech skills training in universities, but wouldn't it be nice if Mandelson started by getting some tech skills training himself -- including a basic understanding of why an IP address is not an accurate indicator of who is doing something online? Or, perhaps, an understanding of how BitTorrent actually works and a brief primer on encryption technologies....
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Government Refuses To Reveal Job Title Or Salary Of Top Law Enforcement Officer Because Terrorism
- UK Government Can Now Hand Out Two-Year Sentences For Revenge Porn, Online Trolling
- Fighting Toddler 'Porn Addiction,' UK Lawmakers Demand Porn Sites Include Age Checks Or Face Closure
- UK School District To Report On Parents Allowing Kids To Play More Mature Video Games
- Following Canada's Bad Example, Now UK Wants To Muzzle Scientists And Their Inconvenient Truths