by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 4th 2009 8:25pm
When the election results first came in for the EU Parliament back in June, it initially looked like the Swedish Pirate Party would get two seats, though it was later downgraded to just one. However, it looks like they're back up to two due to a recent treaty agreement. This means that Amelia Andersdotter will be joining Christian Engstrom in the EU Parliament, representing the Pirate Party and the rights of consumers. I've seen Amelia speak in the past, and, like Christian, I think she does an excellent job explaining the position of the Pirate Party and the civil rights issues it represents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Topsite Operator, Who Admitted To Operating Servers With Tons Of Pirated Movies, Gets Off With Just Probation
- EU Parliament Rejects Bad Proposals On Copyright Over Outdoor Photography And Links
- EU Parliament Takes A Small Step Towards Improving Copyright
- European Commission Discovers The Hard Way That Corporate Sovereignty Provisions And EU Laws Are Incompatible
- Entertainment Industry Demands Swedish ISP Block The Pirate Bay; ISP Says No