by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 4th 2009 8:25pm
When the election results first came in for the EU Parliament back in June, it initially looked like the Swedish Pirate Party would get two seats, though it was later downgraded to just one. However, it looks like they're back up to two due to a recent treaty agreement. This means that Amelia Andersdotter will be joining Christian Engstrom in the EU Parliament, representing the Pirate Party and the rights of consumers. I've seen Amelia speak in the past, and, like Christian, I think she does an excellent job explaining the position of the Pirate Party and the civil rights issues it represents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Swedish Court: News Site Embedding A YouTube Video Guilty Of Copyright Infringement
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- When ISPs Become Anti-Troll Advocates: Bahnhof Turns The IP Tables On A Copyright Troll
- Sweden Considers Making DNA Donated Purely For Medical Research Available To Police And Insurance Companies
- Another Dumb Idea Out Of The EU: Giving Robots & Computers Copyright