by Mike Masnick
Fri, Oct 30th 2009 11:57am
Every so often, I get wrong number phone calls (one of my numbers is apparently listed in a LensCrafters book of other stores, so I get calls from LensCrafter stores asking if I've got things in stock). It's not that difficult to say "you have a wrong number" and everyone goes on their merry way. Apparently, not for some. In Georgia, someone accidentally dialed a wrong number, and it resulted in someone getting shot. Apparently, following the wrong number, angry phone calls and texts were exchanged between the two guys, before they agreed to meet in a drug store parking lot, where one of them got shot (and the other got arrested). The story doesn't indicate who dialed the wrong number first, but, seriously, would it have been that hard to have just said, "hey, wrong number" and left it at that?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Guy Who Took Walter Scott Shooting Video Now Demanding To Be Paid; Everyone Gets Confused About Fair Use
- Six Officers Charged In Police Pursuit That Ended With 137 Shots Being Fired At Suspects In A Little Over 20 Seconds
- NRA: Games To Blame For Violence! Also, Here's A Shooting Game For 4-Year-Olds!
- Pundits And Politicans Very Quick To Blame Video Game & Movie Violence For Newtown
- Attendee At Batman Shooting Plans To Sue Warner Bros For Making Batman Too Violent