by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 21st 2009 4:33pm
UPS recently asked us to create a series of three videos, where we try to explain some of the stuff we talk about here on Techdirt in under two minutes, using a white board. You can check out the first video here, where I attempt to give a quick visual explanation of the economics of abundance. It's a complicated topic -- so narrowing it down to less than a minute obviously involves simplifying some of the concepts greatly, but it should kick off a fun discussion.
There are two more videos that will come out in the next few weeks. And... since we've been having this big disclosure discussion lately, yes, UPS sponsored these videos (as is clearly noted in the video itself), though we had free reign in creating the scripts. As you'll see, I think it's pretty clear that nothing in the videos is any different than what I normally say, and none of it is somehow "influenced" by UPS.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Are Robot Scalpers Ripping You Off? Do We Need Government To Stop It?
- New Economic Study Indicates EU-Canada Trade Deal Will Cause 'Unemployment, Inequality And Welfare Losses'
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 90: Is Capitalism Over?
- Techdirt Reading List: Knowledge And The Wealth Of Nations: A Story Of Economic Discovery
- It's Official: US International Trade Commission Predicts Negligible Economic Benefits From TPP