by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 21st 2009 4:33pm
UPS recently asked us to create a series of three videos, where we try to explain some of the stuff we talk about here on Techdirt in under two minutes, using a white board. You can check out the first video here, where I attempt to give a quick visual explanation of the economics of abundance. It's a complicated topic -- so narrowing it down to less than a minute obviously involves simplifying some of the concepts greatly, but it should kick off a fun discussion.
There are two more videos that will come out in the next few weeks. And... since we've been having this big disclosure discussion lately, yes, UPS sponsored these videos (as is clearly noted in the video itself), though we had free reign in creating the scripts. As you'll see, I think it's pretty clear that nothing in the videos is any different than what I normally say, and none of it is somehow "influenced" by UPS.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 16: Rethinking Work, Income & Leisure: Albert Wenger On Basic Income
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 6: Should Kids Be Forced To Learn Coding? Or Economics? Or Stats?
- The Nasty Patent Games Drug Companies Play To Stop You From Getting Cheaper Drugs
- Ride Sharing Services Lead Taxi Medallion Values To Plummet (And That's A Good Thing)
- DailyDirt: Healthcare Nightmares