by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- MIT Media Lab Launched Disobedience Award, Funded By Reid Hoffman
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 83: 'Disruption' Is Not An Excuse For Lying
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas
- Sen. McCain Unhappy Apple Turned Down His Invitation To Be Encryption Hearing Punching Bag
- Cy Vance Still Arguing For Mandated Encryption Backdoors; Believes Third Party Doctrine Supports His Theory