by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple Takes Heat For Software Lock That Prevents iPhone 7 Home Button Replacement By Third-Party Vendors
- Why Is The Hotel Industry More Focused On Harming Airbnb Than Improving Their Own Product?
- Copyright Society's 'World IP Day' Lesson: Give Us Your Copyrights For Nothing
- EFF Goes To Court To Stop Australian Patent Troll From Stifling Free Speech
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 114: Alexa, Play This Podcast