by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Patent Owner Insists 'Integers' Do Not Include The Number One
- The Stagnation Of eBooks Due To Closed Platforms And DRM
- Stanford Professor Insists Consumers Are Helped By Patent Trolls
- Amazon Bans Sale Of Competing Apple TV, Chromecast Devices To 'Avoid Customer Confusion'
- Russia 'Investigating' Apple Over The Diabolical Menace That Is LGBT-Friendly Emojis