by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Section 1201 Of The Copyright Statute Threatens Innovation
- Leaked TPP Chapter Shows How It's A Massive Gift To Big Pharma And Against Public Health
- Nope, You Can't Patent A Generic Idea Like Crowdfunding
- Craziest Part Of Apple's Price Fixing Ruling: Publishers Knew They Were Encouraging Piracy, Didn't Care
- South Carolina Massacre Results In Apple Going Flag-Stupid In The App Store