by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Apple's Attempt At A TV Revolution Runs Face First Into Comcast Corporation
- UK Positioning Itself As Bitcoin's Best Friend
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed
- Judicial Committee Gives FBI The First OK It Needs To Hack Any Computer, Anywhere On The Planet