by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Monsanto And Syngenta About To Receive Dozens Of Patents On Unpatentable Plants
- Sony Uses Copyright To Force Verge To Takedown Its Copy Of Sony's Spotify Contract
- New Leak Shows NSA's Plans To Hijack App Store Traffic To Implant Malware And Spyware
- Patent Troll's Frivolous Attack On Startup Forces Startup To Sell Out To Another Patent Troll
- UK Government Review Says Use Prizes, Not Patents, To Produce Much-Needed New Antibiotics