by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Disappointing To See Google's Waymo Sue Over Patents
- Sony, Microsoft Lobby Against Right To Repair Bills (Yet Refuse To Talk About It)
- Comcast's Decision To Charge Roku Users A Bogus Fee Highlights Its Uncanny Ability To Shoot Innovation In The Foot
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 110: Luck In Silicon Valley, With Robert Frank
- Apple Says Nebraska Will Become A 'Mecca For Hackers' If Right To Repair Bill Passes