by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Eli Lilly Enlists Congress In Fight Against Canada For Refusing Patent On Useless Drug
- Microsoft And Sony Double Down On Patent Trolling; Dump More Cash Into Intellectual Ventures
- USPTO Keeps Granting Patents At Record Rates: 6,000 Utility Patents Granted In A Single Week
- Sony And YouTube Take Down Sintel; Blender's Open Source, Creative Commons, Crowdfunded Masterpiece
- Apple, Google, Adobe And Intel Have To Face The Music Over Collusive Hiring Practices