by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 59: Does The Internet Create More 'Winner Take All' Companies?
- The Cable Industry Is Absolutely Terrified Of Set Top Box Competition
- Beyond Open Access And Open Data: Open Science -- And No Patents
- AT&T CEO Thinks You're A Forgetful Idiot, Hilariously Gives Apple Encryption Advice
- California Legislator Says Encryption 'Threatens Our Freedoms' Calls For Ban On Encrypted Cell Phones