by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Contrary To What You've Heard, TPP Will Undermine US Law -- Including Supreme Court Decisions
- Study Of Spain's 'Google Tax' On News Shows How Much Damage It Has Done
- Obviously, No One Ever Would Have Thought Of Remote Controlled Sex Toys Without This Patent
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 34: Apple Versus Google
- One Direction Offers Remix Competition, Then Sony/Soundcloud Punish The Entrants As Copyright Infringers