by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- As Austin Struggles To Understand Life Without Uber & Lyft, DUI Arrests On The Rise
- General Mills Granted A Design Patent On A Tortilla Bowl Because Why Even Pretend Anymore?
- Sony Settlement Gives PS3 Owners $9 After Company Made Console Less Useful Via Firmware Update
- Fake Satoshi Nakamoto Trying To Patent All Sorts Of Bitcoin Related Ideas
- Beijing Regulators Block Sales Of iPhones, Claiming The Design Is Too Close To Chinese Company's Phone