by Mike Masnick
Wed, Oct 14th 2009 2:56pm
Remember back when 3Com was a big innovative company coming up with interesting new products? What happened since then? Well, as we've seen over and over again, once a company runs into trouble continuing to innovate, its last ditch effort to stay in business is to start suing everyone for patent infringement. Step up to the plate, 3Com. The company set up a subsidiary specifically for suing other companies for patent infringement and just sued Acer, Apple, Asus, Dell, Fujitsu, Gateway, HP, Sony, and Toshiba. Oh, and take a guess where this "subsidiary" set up shop? East Texas... of course. All the better to file patent lawsuits apparently...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Software Copyright Litigation After Oracle v. Google
- Tanzanian Farmers Face 12 Years In Prison For Selling Seeds As They've Done For Generations
- Single Choke Point Problems: Apple Removes NY Times App From Chinese App Store After Chinese Gov't Complains
- Aussie Productivity Commission Doubles Down On Fair Use And Serious Copyright & Patent Reform
- Victims Of Car Crash Sue Apple For Not Preventing Distracted Driver From Hitting Their Vehicle